The 20th Annual National Arson Investigation Training Seminar was held in Feburary in Destin, Florida. Please see below for an overview of the agenda and topics covered.
Claim Investigations in Our Changing World
The ICAC Training Seminar is a high quality seminar dealing with current arson investigation issues.
This four-day seminar offers attendees exposure to cutting-edge arson investigation techniques, procedures, resources and relationships. Workshops range from basic fire cause and origin investigation for buildings and vehicles, to more advance tropics concerning preservation of evidence, fire dynamics and, contemporary legal issues, and claim file management and handling. This seminar is recommended for claims personnel, defense attorneys, independent adjusters, SIU personnel and fire investigators. This seminar has also been approved for Continuing Education.
Based on attendee feedback, this year’s program includes many new and current topics. Among them are:
- Mortgage Crisis and it’s Effect on Fire Claims
- Cell Phone information as an Investigation Tool
- Vehicle Fire Investigations, as per the new Chapter in 921
- Advanced Fire and Appliance Investigations
- Motive and Investigation Techniques
- Undetermined Fires – Why So Many? and Other “Hot” Topics
- “Write Makes Right”, Effective Communications in Investigations
- Cognitive Interviewing Analysis and Techniques
View photos from the event
- Applied Technical Services
- BCI Engineers & Scientists, Inc.
- Donan Engineering Company, Inc.
- EFI Global
- Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- ISO Claims Solutions
- Jack Ward Fire Consultants, LLC
- Pyr-Tech Inc.
- Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- United Investigations & Sciences Inc. (UIS)