Arson Cases in 2014: The Top 5 Critical Cases Claims Personnel Should Know
There are a plethora of arson cases decided every year and it can be time consuming to follow each ruling. These cases can contradict others and may be decided based on the specifics of a particular jurisdiction. But, there are 5 Critical Cases claims personnel should know. These cases are the basics and the building blocks for all the others.
- The basic elements of the intentional burning defense in civil litigation.
- The basic evidentiary standards for the admissibility of expert testimony in an arson case.
- The standards for the Concealment and Fraud defense.
- The courts’ treatment of NFPA 921 and;
- The interplay of criminal and civil arson cases.