Daubert Challenges in Litigation
The Supreme Court decision in Daubert v Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals forever changed the process for presenting expert testimony in federal court cases. Daubert or a variation has since been implemented in all but six states as the legal standard for admitting expert testimony in all scientific and technical fields. The impact of the Daubert standard has been felt by judges, litigants, attorneys and forensic experts in a way that could never have been imagined. It has truly been a game-changer, but nowhere has the effect been felt more than in fire litigation cases. This Webinar will address the issues to be confronted by experts, parties and their counsel in meeting the challenge of Daubert–or in mounting a Daubert challenge to adverse experts–in litigating fire cases of every kind, from injury and wrongful death claims to subrogation and product defect cases to arson and fraud cases.
- Attendees will learn the history of Daubert and its progeny.
- The measures of admissibility will be discussed: expertise, methodology, verification and validation.
- The implications of the Scientific Method will be considered.
- Anticipating a “Daubert Challenge” and how to effectively respond will be included.
- Strategies for successfully dealing with Daubert issues of every kind will be presented.
Whatever your role may be, this webinar will better equip you for litigating your next fire case.